If you have a home in Spain that remains unoccupied for long or short periods, you can consider the option of renting it as a tourist home. At A&G Lawyers, we specialize in advising foreign and community property owners, guaranteeing a hassle-free process and full compliance with local regulations.

The Importance of Tourist Home Licenses in Spain

Renting your property in Spain can be a valuable source of income, but it is crucial to comply with local laws to avoid legal problems and fines. Tourist home licenses are an essential requirement to ensure that you are operating within legal limits and providing a safe and legal experience to your guests.

What are the Necessary Licenses for Tourist Homes in Spain?

Laws and regulations related to tourist housing in Spain may vary by region. It is essential to know the specific requirements of the location in which you plan to settle. Some of the key aspects to consider include:

  • Registration and License: Most regions require tourist homes to be registered and have a specific license.
  • Safety Regulations: Make sure you comply with all necessary safety regulations to ensure the protection of your guests.
  • Documentation and Paperwork: Proper documentation is crucial. Our legal team will help you compile and present all the necessary documentation correctly. The necessary documents are the following:
    • Responsible Declaration: The owner ensures that the home complies with the established requirements and regulations.
    • Owner Data: Detailed information about the license holder, who is usually the owner of the home.
    • Safety Certificate: A certificate is often required to confirm that the home complies with the safety regulations established by law.
    • Certificate of Habitability: A document that certifies that the home meets the minimum conditions to be inhabited.
    • Technical Report: Depending on the area, it may be necessary to present a technical report that certifies the suitability of the home for tourist rental.
    • Photos of the Home: Some municipalities may require photos of the home to verify its condition and compliance with regulations.
    • Lease Agreement: A copy of the lease agreement may be requested to confirm the legal relationship between the owner and the tenant.
    • Registration Number: In some cases, it is necessary to obtain a specific registration number for the home before applying for a tourist license.

A&G Lawyers: Your Legal Partner in Spain

Ready to start? Contact A&G Lawyers Today